Friday, February 26, 2010

Week ending 2/18/10

Spring newsletters hit the mail. It was a busy weekend as everyone chipped in to help prepare our annual Gath III newsletters for this weeks mailing. Jeanette spent days deciphering and updating our address book, Miss Trudy laid out and did the printing for the twelfth year in a row. Gloria, Courtney, Jeanette, Frank,Captain Whit and I folded, labeled and stamped for a few days and as if by magic.... they will appear in your mailbox this weekend. Hope you enjoy the read, it's fun for me to think back on each summers season and then do my best to present a four page synopsis that you hopefully will enjoy. As I re-read this years I thought of all the help and guidance my mom contributed over the years to give me this ability.Thanks mom! Anyway if you forgot to leave your name in the guest book and would like to receive one just call or e mail and I'll get one right out.This morning Jeanette and I reviewed and began to process of redesigning our fishing logs for this season. It will be another busy paperwork week getting 2010 reservation book ready for opening day next weekend. I wonder if we'll ever find the time to get back to the fun stuff like pouring jigs, rebuilding and spooling reels, and spicing up our jigging sticks.

Tomorrow morning, little Dennis, Frank and I will begin a fairly big project on India. We have to pull the rudder assembly to inspect and then repair or replace the bronze rudder bearing.The crew puts in a lot of hours and a serious effort in the off season to insure a safe and steady run offshore for our guests during the summer season. As you can see I have a bit of cosmetic topside work to complete and not much time before April's launch. Hope to hear from you next Saturday morning. Best Satch


Captain's Satch's Wells Harbor Weekly


Reservations (207) 337 0800 : office phone: (207) 324-9655

Reservations for the 2010 season began Saturday Morning Feb.27th.. Make your reservations early to ensure you get the trip of your choice!!

www.wellsharbor.com

Followers

Search This Blog